Thursday, July 2, 2009

WE HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!!

Merrick Andrew Brown was born on June 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm. He weighed in at 8.6 lbs and 20 in. long. He came a few days before his due date but he was a very obedient child and held out for Grandma Matthews to come and be there for his birth. I started having contractions 5 hrs after she arrived and he came almost exactly 24hrs after she stepped off the plane. I went into the hospital at 8:30 pm and 2 1/2 hrs later was holding my precious little boy. He is very healthy and we are enjoying EVERY moment with him. Yes, even the cries and poopy diapers :) Andrew and I couldn't be more happy to be parents and are so grateful for this special spirit that Heavenly Father has entrusted us with.


Dad is getting his first lesson on swaddling. He is already a pro!
1 hr after delivery
Proud Grandma of 3 now
Just taking a break
The proud uncles
Day 1

Just after Merrick's first sponge bath at home. 3 Days old


Day 4

12 comments:

Matthews Family said...

He is so cute and getting cuter every time I see pics of him. Congratulations! Its bringing back memories of having our little Mia. So much fun.

Shanae said...

Congratulations!! He is so handsome.

Brock and Kensey said...

Congrats! He is such a cutie! I can't wait to meet him. Love you!

Andrea said...

Congrats on the new baby. He is so cute....and so big! Where were you hiding him??? Enjoy every moment.

sheila said...

so so so so cute!!! I already think he has grown since I last saw him (this morning)
Horray for Merrick!

linzi said...

Ashley, he is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you!!!

Meghan Ence said...

He is PERFECT! Congrats. So happy for you!

Kate said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! congrats congrats! Hope to see him very soon! Love

Anonymous said...

Hurray! He is adorable. And you look just like your mom.

Congratulations

Mandie said...

I just found your cute blog! Congratulations on that beautiful baby boy of yours!! He is so cute..and you look great! Its good to see your cute little family!!

Erin said...

congrats! he is so beautiful! I love his little birth head, poor babies and their difficult birthing! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! sounds like an easy delivery, jealous!

Anna said...

Ashley!!! Congratulations! What a cute baby! How are you feeling? Congrats new mom!